CANDLE SAFETY TOP TIPS
We want you to get the best from your new candles so please refer to the following advice before using:
• Get the right kit. Only use our wax melts in an appropriate wax burner, which is placed on a stable heat resistant surface.
• Don’t let your melt get lonely, in fact don’t let it out of your sight. Extinguish all tealight candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep. Be sure the wick ember is no longer glowing.
• Not for little hands or paws. Always keep out of reach of children and pets. Some oils can be harmful to aquatic life so please check the CLP information before burning.
• Don’t let your candle/melt catch a cold. Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and avoid flame flare-ups and sooting. Drafts can also blow nearby lightweight items into the flame where they could catch fire.
• Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited, we don’t want you to suffocate!
• Don’t touch. Never touch or move a burning melter or container candle when the wax is liquid.
• Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause a glass container to break. Please also be mindful when blowing out the tealight that the wax melt doesn’t also blow out of the melter.
• Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. The candle isn’t burning properly. Cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
• Never use a candle as a night light.